Search This Blog

School Bulletin Boards

I'm not much for bulletin boards.  Typically, I do them in the fall, and never get around to changing them.  This year, I was determined to be better about having fun boards that I could realistically get done!  The trick for me was getting them ready in the summer before school starts!  I used poster board, the letter cutters, and laminated what I could so the boards would be ready, and I could just add to them.  The best part is, I can re-use them next year yay!!!

September, Sailing Back to School Board:

The back was ready, all I had to add was the boats and names.  Oh yes, I used velcro to put them up.  Tape never seems to work.

Next is my fall board for October:  Who's hiding in the pumpkin patch?


Sorry about the glare, but as its laminated, its hard to get a good pic.  The kids made the pumpkins, I was planning on those hanging green things to be cute little curls made on a pencil, but they came out a little funny.  For their pictures I brought in a straw hat, a tiny bale of hay from the craft store and some face paint.  My plan was to do little scarecrow noses on them, but some of them had other requests and I just went with it.  One of them has a black widow on his nose!!

December, for Christmas we did "Joy to the World" with a caroling reindeer:



The kids had a ball with the glitter glue, decorating their trees.


January, "Our School is cool"  snow globe, and snowman board


First I had them pose with their coats on, pretending they were standing with a snowman.  Then I gave them the snowman, and little bits of colored paper for them to decorate their snowmen.  I also emptied out my hole punch so they could glue snowflakes on.  I covered them with plastic plates to look like snow globes.  I had a little trouble getting the plates to stay.  Tape and white glue did not work.  Hot glue did though, and they loved their globes!

No comments:

Post a Comment